Friday 18 November 2011

Grrrrrrr

I may be a tattooer, but I still find the call for dragon tattoos quite astonishing.  This is not to say I don't enjoy doing it I just find the numbers of people (generally men) who want them somewhat overwhelming.   I tattooed my first dragon yesterday, its a cover up but only a small one so the majority of the dragon is on clean skin and it was really fun to do.  All those scales though, makes my brain hurt and my eyes wobble!  Colour is going to be fun...probably going reds and oranges, he's reasonably manly so I doubt he'll let me go for baby blue purple and pink, oh well!!


On another note, I'm getting tattooed myself soon too!! Its going to be the start of my blackwork/dotwork sleeve.  Lu, one of the other artists at the studio is going to do it.  I cant wait, her dotwork is pretty amazing so I'm really looking forward to seeing it evolve.  She does however have the tedious task of blacking in almost half of my arm to start with!!  I will make her cakes to ease the boredom!

1 comment:

  1. You might still need to sneak some pink in there :) And probably watch Starsky & Hutch. "That's great. Tell him great job. He can sit down. You were a very convincing dragon. You should feel good about that."

    ReplyDelete